This pilot course will take a project-based approach to exploring the intersection of good instruction and educational technologies. For more on our approach see Commentary posts.
ED 424 foundations:
- Starts with good instructional design.
- Supports student differentiation and accessibility for all.
- Teaches both effectiveness and efficiency in management and workflow.
- Explores the opportunities and challenges of working within placement school’s tech landscape, AUP and student demographics (digital divide).
- Fosters student resilience in the face of a dynamic edtech landscape and develops critical evaluation skills for assessing what works.
- Leverages a project/problem-based approach.
- Provides students with an authentic role in designing and assessing the pilot.
Peter Pappas, the instructor, is a University of Portland-based educator, writer and instructional designer exploring frontiers of teaching, jazz, yoga, Macs, film, great books, and garlic.
Image credit: Adobe Spark photo