Lessons in Critical Thinking is now available free at iTunes. It includes critical thinking lessons in science, math, literature and media literacy.
During our discussion of digital literacy and “Fake News,” we realized that our middle and high school level students need more practice in the critical evaluation of information. Using some of our favorite edtech tools, we developed six engaging lessons which promoted critical thinking skills in a variety of content areas. Then, using iBooks Author, we compiled the lessons into this iBook .
For more work by this fine class visit our students page.
Student-designed critical thinking lessons include:
- Dihydro-What? Science Lesson by Kristen Turner
- Using TV Ads to Teach Persuasive Writing by Jennifer Upchurch
- The Choice is Yours: integrating a “choose your own adventure” into math class by Eli McElroy and Tamalin Salisbury
- How to Read Between the Lines of Research by Hannah O’Brien
- Do You Believe It To Be True Or False? by Jeremy Jon Reyes Pingul
- Civically Sublime by Kurt Anderson, Bekah Kolb, Ryan Greenberg